Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On top of your "A" game



Do you remember what you did or what you looked like when you attracted your husband?
I am sure most of us took a little extra time getting dressed and paid close attention to the details when we were in the dating and/or beginning phases of our relationships. You did things like, wore designer clothing and up to date fashions. Made sure your shoes and bag were coordinated to complete the outfit. Bought Victoria’s Secrets, “just in case”. Went to the nail and hair salon to put the final touches on the package. Walked with confidence, kept a smile on your face. You knew you were on top of your “A” game. I am sure we all agree that men are visual so once you get them looking, that is half the battle.

As I was thinking about this I instantly thought about one of my favorite tunes. “Cater to You” by Destiny Child. The lyrics go into detail about what they are willing to do for their man. I am sure most have heard this song. The verse that particularly stands out to me is:

“I promise ya I’ll keep myself up
Remain the same chick you fell in love with
I’ll keep it tight ,I’ll keep my figure right
I’ll keep my hair fixed, and keep rockin the hottest outfits”

Most relationships evolve over the years and we mature and grow within the relationship. However, I am sure we all can agree that the one thing that does not change is the fact that men are visual beings. I would agree that with changing priorities most may not be able to buy the latest trendy outfit or spend discretionary funds at hair and nail salons. But there are inexpensive, cute, eye catching alternatives sold at discount stores and your local beauty supply store has bargain deals on items for home care. I know that it is hard to duplicate Vicky Secrets but Target has some sexy items that are a close 2nd.

We have to stay on top of our “A” game. Remember what you looked like to get your man? There is someone out there that looks just like that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you're bringing this subject up because it's so true. Just because you got the guy you can't just let go of all the things you use to do to get him. Just like you don't want him to stop doing all the things he did that got you. Of course we have more responsibilities and the extra cash goes to the kids or bills more often than not but like you said, there are some at home grooming practices you can do that will keep him (and you) happy. Remaining the same chick, he fell in love with.

    ReplyDelete